Pay & benefits
At Wirral Council, we're offering a new package for social work professionals who are inspired and driven to be the difference for Wirral children.
If you can step up, so will we.
Competitive salary with flexible career progression framework
- Newly Qualified Social Worker £27,394 - £29,855
- Social Worker £29,855 - £32,163
- Experienced Social Worker £33,106 - £36,019
- Advanced Social Work Practitioner £36,937 - £39,661
- Independent Reviewing Officer Level 1 £39,661 - £42,474
- Independent Reviewing Officer Level 2 £45,768 - £48,397
- Team Manager Level 1 £39,661 - £42,474
- Team Manager Level 2 £45,768 - £48,397
- Service Manager £51,064 - £53,706
You get 27 days off and this goes up to 32 days after five years service. This is as well as bank holidays.
Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
You can join the LGPS, which is a tax approved pension scheme. Benefits are based on the length of your membership and final salary. As a statutory funded pension scheme covered by legislation, it offers greater security than other pensions.
Rewards and benefits
Introductory payment. Get a £2,000 payment when you join us (Experienced Social Worker only).
HCPC. All our social work professionals get a £50 annual contribution towards HCPC registration
PeoplePlus is our rewards and benefits package for staff. Get discounts and special offers for shops, cinemas, days out and more. It also includes a salary sacrifice car leasing scheme.
Childcare Voucher Scheme. You can exchange part of your wages for childcare vouchers, giving you significant savings on your tax and national insurance.
Health and wellbeing
Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). The EAP gives all staff free access to independent and confidential advice and support for work or personal issues, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Invigor8 leisure membership. Get a discounted membership for our eight leisure centres. We have seven fitness suites, 10 pools and over 350 gym classes per week, costing just over £20 a month.